Aalborg Congress & Culture Centre has worked as a private foundation since January 1st 1992
The board of Aalborg Congress & Culture Centre (AKKC) consists of 11 members appointed in succession by:
• The City council of Aalborg (3),
• Aalborg Tourist Association (1),
• Aalborg Chamber of Industry- and Commerce (1),
• Danish Employers' Confederation in Aalborg (1),
• The Danish Trades Union Congress in Aalborg (1)
• and 2 employee board members.
Furthermore, the board appoints the last member by themselves, who will represent the cultural life in Aalborg.
Music & Theater
• Aalborghallen has the largest stage, orchestra pit and revolving stage in Denmark. Furthermore, Aalborghallen is able to operate with up to 3.250 seats on flat floor and with 2.414 in an amphitheatrical construction.
• Europahallen has its own stage and 550 seats on the floor plus another 75 on the balconies.
• The small theater has its own stage, and the hall can seat 224 people on permanent rows of chairs in an amphitheatrical construction.
Fairs & Exhibitions
• 2200 square metres in Aalborghallen
• 600 square metres on the stage in Aalborghallen
• 880 square metres in Europahallen
• 1400 square metres in the cloakroom area under Aalborghallen
• 990 square metres in the lobby
• 500 square metres in hall
• 500 square metres on the first floor
• 3 separate rooms with seating capacity for 2.000, 550 and 224 participants
• 40 different meeting- and seminar rooms for 10 - 70 participants
• All meeting rooms are equipped with modern technical- and audio-visual aids, opportunities for wireless Internet access as well as other technical aids
• Information area with Internet, fax, telephone, ATM, tourist information, etc.
• Restaurants, bars, skittle alleys
• Capacity for dining up to 2.000 guests
• 2.800 hotel beds within a 5 km radius